Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Midnight Rousing

Let me preface this blog entry by saying most nights Cora is an excellent sleeper. Her usual schedule is asleep around 7:30, up once around 3am for 1-1.5 hours (slow eater), and then back to sleep for another 3 hours. So, if I go to bed early, I get a really good night of sleep. Lately, Cora has decided she wants to stay awake when she gets up at 3am. Ugh! She isn't fussy by any means. I feed her, change her, and then feed a bit more with the hopes that she'll fall back asleep. Lately, I have just been getting huge grins instead.

Last night, I was pretty tired and we had been up for 2 hours. It was just after 5, so I decided I'd lay her down in bed with Lee and me. She was grinning the whole time. I pulled the covers up over me and around her legs. That is when the fun began. She started kicking her legs and squealing in delight. For the next 30 minutes, we listened to Cora chatter. When she was quiet for a couple minutes, I slowly opened one eye. There was her face, right next to mine, waiting to see if I was awake. As soon as she saw my eye open, she was grinning ear to ear and the escapades started all over again. After failing at getting her to sleep in our bed, I grabbed her swing and stuck her in that. She batted at her toys and talked to herself some more.

Then came the tears. I was actually happy to hear her start to cry. Maybe, just maybe, she was getting tired. I took her to the living room and nursed her for about 15 minutes. The stinker was sound asleep. Oh, Thank You Baby Sleep Gods! I put her back into her cribbed, tiptoed out of her room, and snuggled back into bed with Lee. It was 6:30am. We slept until 8 when she decided the day would start again.

She just tickles me. How can I ever be grumpy from lack of sleep when I get to be with her all night? Oh, and let me just mention her talking. It is not at a normal octave. She has high pitched squeals that are ear piercing. I can't help but laugh! Lee and I are certain we're going to have trouble making her be quiet when she is older. I guess like Mother, like Daughter. I was also a kid that never ever shut up. Not ever. No wonder I annoyed my sister. :)

The pictures in this post have nothing to do with the blog entry. I just thought they were cute. They were taken in her new Bumbo chair. I set her up on the counter (I know, bad Mom!) so she could see herself in the mirror while I brushed my teeth. She loves looking at herself in the mirror. I wonder what she thinks.?.?

Woah! Who is that?

You are really kind of cute. Let me get a closer look.

You are silly, too. I like my new friend!

Hey, do you want to share some of Mom's lotion with me?

Mom! Don't you just love my new buddy!!

No comments: