Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Music Addition

I added a playlist to my blog this morning. I chose the four songs based on what I listen to with Cora or ones she likes. Thanks for the idea, Caitlin. :)

Wagon Wheel by Old Crow Medicine Show- This is one of my most favorite bluegrass bands. Cora LOVES this song. I sing it to her all the stinking time. :)

Lullaby by the Dixie Chicks- This song is probably one of the most beautiful lullabies ever written. The lyrics and melody is just beautiful. To top it off, I have been a huge Dixie Chicks fan FOREVER!

Silver Springs by Fleetwood Mac- One of the best rock groups of all time in my most humble opinion. I can't get enough of Stevie Nicks. I use to listen to this song when I ran...over and over again. It gets me in a very meditative state.

Jealousy by Natalie Merchant- I listened to Natalie Merchant constantly when I was pregnant with Cora. Jealousy is just one of the more popular songs on Natalie Merchant's Tigerlily CD. We listened to the CD Ophelia a lot too. She has the most beautiful voice. I listened to her during delivery as well. I think Cora recognizes these CDs. They'll calm her down and help me get her down for naps.

I'll post other songs as I think of ones that incorporate Cora somehow.

No comments: