Saturday, June 6, 2009

Picture Time!

Wow! This week has been so busy I have hardly had time to be on the computer. Here is a quick photo gallery of the happenings in the Jeffers' Household the last week or so.

Lee made it home safe and sound from his canoe trip to Quetico Provincial Park. It sure looks like he had fun! This was definitely a man's man trip. Even if I'd been invited, there is no way I could have physically done it. In 4 days, they paddled over 100km! There was a lot of portaging (carrying canoes between different bodies of water) with some being well over a mile long. Holy cow!! And, of course, there was a lot of fishing. Lee loved catching the small mouth bass. The weather was pretty crappy. They had 2 solid days of rain...yuck. Most of the time it was cold, but there was at least one nice day. Lee's hands and face are nice and tanned!

Lee killed a grouse with a sling shot for dinner. Pat found a piece of wood that looked like a bird. Nice bird photo op, wouldn't you say?

The crew

Lee and I-don't-remember-his-name hanging out under the tarps.

Brrr. He just looks cold.

Lee during one of the many portages.

Sunset at Quetico. Beautiful.

Lee and Eric. Eric was the only guy Lee knew before the trip, but now he has a bunch more friends all over Canada! And, a few are married/engaged, and there are even kids in the bunch!!

Alrighty. Switching gears to my favorite little bug. :) Cora attended daycare twice this week. She had a rough first day, but Wednesday was way better. Hardly any tears! I almost think this has been harder on me than her. We went to the zoo yesterday with her daycare. It was a lot of fun but really really cold. I couldn't believe all the parents that didn't check the weather before we left. There were some cold kiddos and parents. Cora only showed interest in the spider monkeys. Other than that, she had more fun looking at the brightly colored signs. :) The zoo was pretty awful, but I have been extremely spoiled with the caliber of the Omaha Zoo. Here are a few random photos from the last couple of weeks.

Cell phone picture. Cora loves our cell phones and this picture captures her very intrigued facial expression.

Another cell phone shot of Cora on her play mat.

Cell photo of Cora and me when we woke up in the morning while Lee was gone.

Daddy reading Cora a story about polar bears after her bath.

One of the many photos I have taken of Cora and me snuggling.

Cora playing at daycare. This is right before I left. When I turned around and started walking away, she began fussing and lifting her arms up. Heart wrenching. :( She pretty much cried the rest of the morning but was much better in the afternoon.

This here is the aftermath of daycare. I took off her dirty clothes and was getting her diaper bag unloaded. I put her in her crib so she could play. She had started to roll over to reach her blanket. She fell asleep mid grab. Notice her binky fell out of her mouth and is laying by her chin. Too cute. She was exhausted!

Off to get ready for a wedding that Lee is the emcee of. Cora wasn't going to go (no kids invited), but the bride and groom said babies were welcome?.?. I am not ready for a babysitter quite yet. Cora is VERY VERY attached to Lee and me. Especially at night. So, we're all three going. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. If anyone is looking for a business opportunity, a store that sold stylish nursing dresses would be awesome! I finally found a dress I could nurse in at banana republic. It was quite difficult finding one. I hope it works ok.

Happy June 6th, everybody!

No comments: