Thursday, December 4, 2008

Doctor, Doctor, Give me the news!

Today we had our 37 week doctor appointment. Good news and bad news in the land of babies. First, the good news. My blood pressure went down (Woo Hoo!), fetal heart rate was fantastic, my body has made no progress in starting labor (not sure if this is good news, but it definitely isn't bad news), gained 4.5 pounds in one week (hahaha, again, not sure if this is good news...), and Cora is the jiving baby she's always been.

Bad news is I've gained 4.5 pounds in one week. Just kidding! Really, I am still measuring small. Last week I measured at 35 weeks when I should have measured at 36. This week I measured 33 weeks when I should have been at 37 weeks. Hmmmm? Needless to say, I am going in for a biophysical profile (BPP) next Thursday. The BPP measures fetal heart rate, muscle tone, movement, breathing, and the amount of amniotic fluid. Dr. Tankel says I could be measuring small for a number of reasons. He said quite often it is just the position of the baby throwing the measurement off, but it could also be low amniotic fluid. Low amniotic fluid has the potential to cause fetal stress, which obviously isn't good. So, there you have it. Basically, I don't look as big as I should. Maybe that is why people don't give up their seat for me on the train. Nah, it's because they're a bunch of ill-mannered Canadian college students. :)

Lee and I have a new hobby. Instead of renting, we decided to start buying DVDs on sale at the supermarket. This week we've watched the Bourne Ultimatum, Talladega Nights, and Willow. It's a lot of fun and will be a fun way to spend time together when Cora gets put down for bed. We have officially decided our TV sucks though. After all these years of me saying absolutely no new TV and definitely no cable, I am seriously changing my mind. We could definitely use one that you can see from more than 3 ft away. Aaaaand, cable might come in handy when I am up all night with a babe. We'll see. With that, I think I'll close with a picture of our current TV. All the cords hanging to the right is our high tech stereo system. A Walkman CD player or Ipod hooked up to old computer speakers. Of course, our alarm clock was moved out there so we could listen to 100.3 The BEAR in the morning. Oh, and yes, some of those are VHS tapes next to the TV. ;)

No comments: