Well, onto the infamous bullet list of what Cora has been up to lately. :)
- She gives kisses and hugs (See previous post for video)
- She is getting much better at Patty Cake
- When we head upstairs, I say, "To Infinity and Beyond" and point my finger in the direction we are going. She holds her hand out and says, "Wooooooo" in a high pitched voice. Sooooo cute.
- She is getting very interested in silverware. Every time she uses a spoon, she gets better and better.
- She loves walking while holding on to our hand. She took a couple steps a few days ago while only holding one of my hands.
- She is a little monkey and has no fear of falling. She'll try to climb on everything. Of course, sometimes it ends up in a crash and burn. She has the bumps and bruises to prove it.
- She clicks her tongue (I actually have a video I took today of this. However, I haven't had the chance to upload it to the computer and then to YouTube).
- She hasn't said an official word, but she says mama and dada all the time. I don't count it as a word because she'll look at the wall and say Mama. Hmmmm, yeah I don't think she has put two and two together yet.
- She loves books. While I change her diaper, she holds a book and reads. Every word is dah, but she changes her tones like she is actually telling a story. Another thing I have to get on video.
- She can color. She is really starting to get it. We have to pay close attention to her because she still likes to chew on the crayons. You just have to remind her that the crayons are for coloring, not eating.
- She bites. Not because she wants to hurt us, but because she wants a reaction. It hurts. She has only bit Lee and me. She acts like a little wild animal. I don't think it will amount to anything, but we do what we can with an 11 month old to deter her. Currently, we look at her and tell her, "That hurts. Biting is not OK." We then set her down and walk away. She hates being left behind. I think it is pretty effective because she doesn't bite after that. Of course she'll bite again the next day, but it isn't like she has any concept of right and wrong or long term memory. Her boundaries are made by testing her limits so I think it is most important for us to be consistent. Who knows. Nobody ever said disciplining is easy.
- She is very ticklish. Everywhere. Especially right above her knee, her feet, and her ribs. She'll laugh so hard she can't breath. I know how much I hate being tickled, but I can't help but tickle her at least 57 times a day. Her laugh gets me every time.
Here are some pictures I took this morning. She is so pretty in pink. Enjoy the photos and have a Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American friends.
Oh, before I forget. I need to add a little disclaimer about Cora The Red Nosed Baby. Yep, she has her first rug burn on her nose. She took a really good spill on the carpet and has a pretty decent rug burn right on the tip of her nose. Poor baby. She was pretty upset for, oh, 2 minutes. Nothing a bottle and a cuddle can't fix though. ;)
I can't even begin to tell you all how much I love her legs. This picture really shows how irresistible they are.