Tuesday, August 25, 2009

2/3 of her way to ONE whole year!

Yep. Cora turned 8 months old on Sunday. I can't believe it. Well, yes I can. The last 8 months with our daughter has been a very short yet very fulfilling ride. She just tickles me pink every single day. It is amazing what she is learning. I know I will be blown away 8 months from today with what she will be able to do.

Let's see what the little bug has been up to.
  • No new teeth. She still only has the bottom two.
  • She eats everything! Well, everything I put in front of her. I have introduced way too many things to list here. The latest is turkey, chicken, egg yolks, and tomatoes.
  • She is army crawling/inch worming. She can push up onto her arms and knees into the proper crawling stance, but she hasn't quite figured out how to get all of her limbs working simultaneously. She gets around pretty good using her technique of "Army Worming".
  • She loves standing!
  • She is starting to wave at the correct times such as hi and bye.
  • She constantly makes all kinds of crazy, new, interesting sounds. Her most funny one right now is a high pitched squeak while inhaling. The sweet little coos are back, too.
  • She growls. No joke. I die inside when I hear it. It is so hard to hold back the giggles in order to growl back at her. I am sure people think Lee and I have lost it when they see us in public with her.
  • She loves the great outdoors.
That is about all I can think of. I have posted about thirty of the same, well slightly different, picture below. Yes, I cannot choose pictures in order to tell a story. So, enjoy every variation of Cora's smile. :)
















Crawling video


Standing video

1 comment:

'melia's momma said...

When Amelia was pulling herself around, we called it "the wounded soldier." She only got up to really crawl about 2 weeks before she decided to give up and walk! Cora has such a great smile!!! Who wouldn't be in great mood after getting one of those shot at 'em!