Friday, January 30, 2009

Little Big Girl

Yesterday I took some photos of our little Cora. I realized that I hadn't taken official 1 month old pictures, so these are what I am using. She was actually 1 month and 6 days old. Doesn't she look so much older? We had so much fun playing yesterday. She was in the best mood (for at least most of the day). Yesterday goes down in my books as my favorite day so far with my little girl. She was just an angel and the pictures prove it.


Last night was also a huge accomplishment for the Little Big Girl. She moved up a size in diapers. I put a size 1 on her for the night to see how it went. She has been in Newborn size for 5 1/2 weeks. The size 1 looked huge on her. She fell asleep around 7:30 and Lee put her to bed at 8:00. She woke me up at 4:00am!!! Talk about a snoozer. Her diaper was very wet, but it wasn't full like her tiny Newborns. I wondered if she was more comfortable in the size 1, so I decided to put a Newborn back on her for the rest of the night. She woke up around 6:30 (only 1 1/2 hours of sleep) and her diaper was full and had leaked a little onto her belly. I made the decision at that moment that she will be wearing her size 1 in the evening and during the night until her Newborn diapers are gone. There are only about 12 Newborns left and then my Little Big Girl will be in size 1 all the time. I am not sure if I am happy or sad. 


Cora has her 6 week checkup on Wednesday. She was supposed to be gaining 1 oz a day for the last 4 weeks. That means she should weigh 8 lbs 12 oz at this doctor appointment. I am excited to see how big she has grown in the last month. I will update on Wednesday or Thursday the progress report.

We're off today to get Cora's passport photos and apply for her Canadian passport. The photos should be fun. 
Cora's  passport photo. I can't stop laughing! She looks like such a cute little monkey.

No comments: