Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Baby Giggles

Cora has the most amazing belly laugh. She laughs a lot, but the really deep belly laugh is pretty rare. I love hearing it and managed to capture it a bit on camera. The video is great, but she is holding back just a little. She was laughing so hard after I turned the camera off that she completely fell over in the tub. It was so great.




Here is an assortment of pictures over the last week or so.

The little Starfish doing what she does best. Sleeping on Daddy.

Cora has always been quite the ham for the camera. Seriously. She has smiled since about 5 months old. How else would I get these great pictures? Now, she has started to make funny faces to the camera. These faces she makes crack me up to no end. She has the best little personality. She is quite the spitfire and can be a such a drama queen, but I love her wild, uninhibited self. It makes life quite interesting.

Her sweet look. I think I look at her more now than I did when she was a newborn. Is that even possible?

We had such a fun bath time last night. She found her belly button while playing in the tub. It was so funny watching her see how deep she could stick her finger in her belly button. Her little Buddha belly makes everything that much cuter.

Cora was invited to Avery's 2nd Birthday Party. Avery had a Valentine's theme (very appropriate for a Feb 12 baby). She got to paint a foam Valentine with glittery glue, eat lots of sausage rolls and cupcakes, and play with her very special little friend. The birthday party was so much fun. It is so weird to me that Avery is only 10 months older than Cora. She seems light years older. I keep thinking how much Cora has changed in the last year and then realize this year will be the same.

Avery is showing Cora how to feed her new baby. So cute!

The curly blondies are chowing down on some lunch!

Lee and I have been putting off getting some pictures framed. In January, we got a coupon in the mail for 60% off custom framing from Michael's. We took advantage of this opportunity and had three photos framed and matted. Here is how they turned out.

Our very first family photo. I love this photo. With all of my heart. Look how very wee Cora is. She was only about 1 week old in this picture. I am so glad I had newborn photos done.

I absolutely love how this one turned out. This picture is going in our bedroom.

Yep, our wedding. We finally have this photo framed. I love looking at our wedding photos, and now we can display this one!


GO CANADA GO
USA USA
USA USA USA

The Vancouver 2010 Olympics have officially begun. We have really been enjoying them this year. It is fun to be able to cheer for two countries. I forgot to mention in a previous post that we were able to watch the Olympic Torch come through Edmonton. It came right down the middle of campus. Lee came over and we picked up Cora and headed over to watch the historical event. You can't really tell from the pictures, but it was really, really cold. Lee and I never dress for the weather. I forgot to bring the camera to school, so Lee took these photos with his cell phone. To be totally honest, the whole event was pretty anti-climatic. Canadians don't have the same level as patriotism as Americans do. This isn't a bad thing, just different. But, most people there would agree that there was more emphasis on the corporate sponsors for the Olympics than the Olympics themselves. I think that really brought down the levels of enthusiasm. Nonetheless, it was so cool to see the torch and be a part of the 2010 Olympics.
Cora taking a rest on Daddy's shoulder trying to stay warm.

A shot with the Canadian flag in the background.

The glowing blob above my head is the burning torch. We all thought it was pretty funny that the torch looked like a giant blunt. Go Canada Go. LOL!

With that, I'd like to leave you all with a video of the Belle. I finally caught her bear crawling on camera. She is such a character.

No comments: