Sunday, October 26, 2008

Baby on the Brain

Well, I made it past October 24th!! I passed my candidacy exam with "light" conditions. I need to do some extra reading since I flubbed a very straightforward question. Oops. I guess pregnancy brain kicked in at that exact moment. Cora was such a good baby. She slept through the whole exam and stayed off my bladder. I can't believe she already behaves! ;)

Today marks a very important day for Lee and me. Today is the first day of our 8th month. We have exactly 8 weeks left until our estimated due date!! In fact, he is in the kitchen making me halibut enchiladas right now to celebrate. We saw the doctor on Thursday and Cora's growth is right on track. He was even happy with my weight gain...28 pounds!!!! I was a little shocked because I am still getting around very well. I don't feel like I've gained almost 30 pounds. Lee took a couple pictures of my belly tonight.




As you all can tell from the previous posts, I love to brag about my talented friends. I am so lucky to have so many people who are a part of this pregnancy. My dear friend, Eva, took up quilting not too long ago. Seriously, the picture I am about to show you guys is her second quilt. Every time I look at this quilt, it takes my breath away. Her talent is unbelievable. So, without further ado, Cora's quilt from Eva:

Finally, I wanted to put a picture up of Lee on his last fishing trip. This will be his last fishing trip B.C. (before Cora). He was at Lake of the Woods in Ontario and had an absolutely fantastic time catching walleye, crappie, and muskie. Here is a picture of him with a walleye. Nice fish, eh? And, lucky for me, he brought lots home to share. Mmmmmm!

No comments: